Churches open every day filled with neighbors working with compassion (God)
Inspiration: A church that believes in modeling a faith and work ministry.
Discovery: A church willing to provide the tools, forums, and work space that help co-creators identify gifts, passions, and dimensions of vocational power.
Formation: A church guiding these co-creators in developing mature character for handling their power as co-creators in the renewal of all things.
Commission: A church equipping co-creators with mentors and financially investing in their efforts.
Through collective leading (Priesthood of all believers)
“Leaders are on the same journey as the learners, wrestling with how best to understand and live out God’s call on their lives in the midst of making a living. Entrepreneurs (and most others) learn best from people who are actively takings risks in order to live out what they say they believe.”
— Dr. Ernie Prabhakar, Entrepreneur, Elder and Former Project Manager at Apple
Committing to peace building (Shalom)
“The webbing together of God, humans, and all creation in justice, fulfillment, and delight is what the Hebrew prophets call shalom. In English, we call it peace, but it means far more than just peace of mind or ceasefire between enemies. In the Bible shalom means universal flourishing, wholeness, and delight—a rich state of affairs in which natural needs are satisfied and natural gifts are fruitfully employed…Shalom, in other words, is the way things are supposed to be.”
— Cornelius Plantinga, Jr., Ph.D. Princeton Theological Seminary
Becoming integral in the lives of our neighbors through coworking by creating time, relationships, and purpose to flourish.
- Wholeheartedness – We show up. With everything we have. We roll up our sleeves and work courageously and tirelessly to make a difference for a greater good.
- Gratitude – We receive the hidden abilities of those we serve and to make these abilities visible to the community as a source of celebration.
- Stewardship – We invest the talents, time, and treasure we’ve been given for the betterment of all creation.
- Hospitality – Our community starts with being inclusive of people where they are. To see our neighbor as an extension of our self. We make room at the table, in the conversation for everyone: To provide life-giving opportunity to the unquenchable desire to be worthy and radically belong.
- Contemplation – We observe before we ask. We seek better questions. Questions that tell us not what to see but how to see what we behold. To see the truth of things in their wholeness. To be confidently steadfast in the unknown.
- Transformation – To ensure no two days are every the same, we combine adventure and imagination to explore new possibilities in the self, community, and humanity. We step forward with vulnerability to trust in our shared struggle in experiencing our True Self.
- Compassion – We journey boldly together through sharing in our successes and passions to challenge the status quo. We choose to sit in tension between relational and solving work. To bearing witness to suffering by responding in love.
- Faith – We exercise a faith that disrupts our lives. One that is intrinsically linked with counter-intuitive risk and actionable love. One that leads us in front of trends, into the margins, and to becoming fruitful.